In the ever-evolving landscape of social media, Facebook, Instagram, and X (formerly Twitter) have rolled out new features to enhance user experience, content monetisation, and community engagement in 2024.
Updates and features on Facebook, Instagram and X you must know about
Here’s a comprehensive dive into what’s new and how these platforms are reshaping the way we connect, share, and engage online.
X (Formerly Twitter): A Realm of New Possibilities
X has introduced several notable updates, broadening avenues for creators and businesses alike. Here’s what’s buzzing:
- Monetisation Overhaul: Creators can now monetise their content more efficiently through X’s Amplify Publisher Program for videos and a new Subscriptions feature for posts, offering up to 97% revenue share and multiple price points for subscribers.
- X Spaces Revamped: The live, public, voice-only chat rooms, known as X Spaces, have been updated. They’re now accessible via direct links, fostering an intimate setting for up to 10 speakers and 3 co-hosts.
- Communities Feature: Mimicking Facebook Groups, X’s Communities allow users to dive deep into shared interests, with varying levels of public access and moderator control.
- X for Professionals: This free option provides enhanced profile features for businesses and notable figures, integrating professional branding and direct links or shops on profiles.
- Activity Dashboard: Still under development, this feature promises comprehensive analytics, helping users track post performance and gain deeper audience insights.
Facebook: A Mix of Innovation and Privacy
Reels Play Bonus and Ads Performance Tips
Facebook has introduced the Reels Play bonus, a new way for creators to earn money based on the viewership of their Reels, initially available by invitation in the US, hinting at a potential global rollout.
To aid marketers, Facebook rolled out a list of tips for improving ad performance, emphasising the importance of analysing campaigns at the campaign level and setting up the Conversions API for deeper insights into user actions across marketing funnels.
Work Accounts and Fantasy Games Facebook is testing ‘Work Accounts‘, allowing business managers and small business owners to manage their Business Manager separately from personal accounts.
New Privacy Updates and Algorithm Insights
Horizon Workrooms and Creator Investment
Facebook’s Horizon Workrooms for Oculus users offer a virtual reality space for team collaboration. The platform announced a $1 billion investment in creators, with bonuses for reaching certain milestones.
Instagram: Embracing Reels and Authenticity
Reels Ads for Everyone
Instagram has made Reels ads available to all advertisers, allowing for full-screen ads up to 30 seconds long, displayed between regular Reels.
This update opens new avenues for brands to engage with audiences on Instagram effectively.
Social media trends and predictions for 2024
Experts predict significant AI-powered updates from Meta, with a focus on AI-driven content recommendation and generative AI developments.
Social media is expected to emphasise building sustainable relationships, with a growing trend towards private spaces and authentic engagement.
Social commerce and SEO on social media are set to play pivotal roles in 2024, with platforms like TikTok driving the trend towards social shopping and content discoverability beyond traditional hashtags.