Tuesday’s Daily Lotto results attracted a lot of winners, and we have all the latest details about tonight’s payouts.
Daily Lotto results: Payouts for Tuesday, 7 March 2023
Millions of South Africans made entries for Tuesday’s Daily Lotto jackpot, which was valued at R500 000.
Out of 125 400 winning entries, three players matched all five numbers correctly.
For winning the jackpot, the lucky ticketholders each took home a share of the spoils, which, before tax and other levy fees, amounted to R169 316.80.
In the next winning tier, 389 ticketholders took home R300.70 each for matching four numbers correctly.
Here are the payouts for Tuesday’s Daily Lotto draw:
Tuesday’s prize share means that on Wednesday, 8 March 2023, the Daily Lotto jackpot will total R450 000.
How to collect Powerball and Lotto prizes in South Africa
There are several ways to claim Powerball and Lotto prizes in South Africa and it all depends on how much you won..
Winning ticketholders have a total of 365 days to claim prizes and failure to come forward in time may result in automatic forfeiture, “and 50% of the prize money will be allocated to the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund to go towards good causes in South Africa.”
Irrespective of how you entered the draw, this is how you can claim your Powerball and Lotto prizes, according to Lottery.co.za:
R50 – R2 000
- If you bought a ticket: Prizes can be collected at competing retailers (Pick n Pay, Shoprite Money Market, etc.)
- If you played via bank: Prizes will be automatically transferred to your bank account.
R2 001 – R50 000
- If you bought a ticket: Prizes can be redeemed at authorised payment centres, often your local post office.
- If you played online: Prizes will be transferred to your bank account via EFT and will be available within 72 hours.
- If you played via bank: Prizes will be transferred to your bank account and will be available within seven working days.
R50 000 or more
- Winners need to collect and fill in a Prize Claim Form from the post office.
- Claim forms must be submitted to a regional Ithuba office for validation.
- Once validated, prizes are transferred to your bank account within 72 hours.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Gambling can be addictive and players who feel pressured to spend in excess of their affordability are encouraged to seek help. We encourage gamblers who want out to contact the Twin Rivers Rehabilitation Centre OR Responsible Gambling.
After all, losing out on winnings is not worth losing one’s self, let alone their loved ones.