Live updates to Cape Town traffic for Wednesday, 22 June 2022 can be found in the interactive map below.
Cape Town traffic updates: Wednesday, 22 June 2022
PLEASE NOTE: The traffic updates indicated below are observations made by i-traffic.co.za, a reputable online traffic management tracker. Swisher Post, its parent company, partners and associates will not be held liable for any damages, inconsistencies, and loss resulting from the information noted below.
Inbound traffic from the N, N2, M3, and M5, should see an increase in congestion shortly after the 06:00 morning peak. No road incidents were reported on Wednesday morning:
In the city centre, these roads are often flagged for high congestion during the morning peak:
- Philip Kgosana Drive (from Gardens Shopping Centre)
- Brandweer Street
- Roeland Street
- Loop Street
- Bree Street
- Wale Street
- Long Street (Between Strand and Hout Street)
- Strand Street
- Riebeek Street
- Hans Strijdom Avenue
- Walter Sisulu Avenue
- Hertzog Boulevard
- Castle Street
- Darling Street
- Chester Road, Woodstock
- Earl Street, Woodstock
- Salt River Road, Salt River
According to Cape Town traffic indicators for Wednesday, 22 June 2022, congestion exacerbated by roadworks can be expected on:
- M5 southbound, 0.3km after ramping to Koeberg Road. All lanes open.
- N2 inbound, about 0.2km after ramping from M5 southbound/Black River and Raapenberg eastbound. All lanes open.
- N2 outbound, 0.7km after Reunion Drive. All lanes open.
- N2 northbound, about 6.9km after Ou Kaapse Road, all lanes open.
- N7 northbound, 1.0km after Frans Conradie Road. All lanes open.
- N7 northbound, 1.7km after ramping to Bosmansdam Road. All lanes open.