Live updates to Cape Town traffic for Thursday, 21 July 2022, can be found in the interactive map below.
Cape Town traffic updates: Thursday, 21 July 2022
PLEASE NOTE: The traffic updates indicated below are observations made by i-traffic.co.za, a reputable online traffic management tracker. Swisher Post, its parent company, partners and associates will not be held liable for any damages, inconsistencies, and loss resulting from the information noted below.
Inbound traffic from the N1, N2, M3, and M5, should see heavy congestion from 06:00 on weekdays.
These road incidents were reported on Thursday, 21 July 2022:
- Stationary vehicle on N2 inbound, 0.7km after ramp from Jakes Gerwel Drive. All lanes open.
In the city centre, these roads are often flagged for high congestion during the morning peak:
- Philip Kgosana Drive (from Gardens Shopping Centre)
- Brandweer Street
- Roeland Street
- Loop Street
- Bree Street
- Wale Street
- Long Street (Between Strand and Hout Street)
- Strand Street
- Riebeek Street
- Hans Strijdom Avenue
- Walter Sisulu Avenue
- Hertzog Boulevard
- Castle Street
- Darling Street
- Chester Road, Woodstock
- Earl Street, Woodstock
- Salt River Road, Salt River
According to Cape Town traffic indicators for Thursday, 21 July 2022, congestion exacerbated by roadworks can be expected on:
- M14 ramp from Plattekloof Road. All lanes open.
- Wingfield interchange outbound, 37m after ramp from N1 outbound. One left lane blocked.
- N1 Koeberg interchange outbound. All lanes open.
- M5 southbound, 0.9km after Koeberg Rd.All lanes open.
- N2 outbound, 0.2km after ramp from Vanguard Drive. All lanes open.
- N2 outbound, 88m after Hazelden Drive. All lanes open.
- N2 northbound, 6.9km after Ou Kaapse Road. All lanes open.