Flysafair R8 tickets will be the talk of social media when the low-cost airline launches its annual mega sale on Wednesday 4 May 2022.
How to buy Flysafair R8 tickets
While the prospect of scoring heavily discounted domestic flight tickets is exhilarating, securing one on the day of the sale is a tall order. Thousands of South Africans will be at the ready when the clock strikes 09:00 on Wednesday, and with the threat of server outages heightened by the frenzy building up around the sale, patience may be the only way to secure a chance to buy Flysafair tickets for R8.
Even worse, there are only 30 000 tickets available.
But, somewhere in this near-impossible feat, hope still exists. While, for the most part, getting a chance to buy a Flysafair ticket for R8 rests on patience and luck, there are ways to be well-positioned for selection.
Here’s how the mega sale works:
- At exactly 09:00 on Wednesday 4 May 2022, Flysafair will launch the mega sale, placing travel hopefuls in a ‘waiting room‘ for selection.
- An algorithm will randomly select a group of customers to access its booking page.
- Customers must not refresh the booking page for any reason whatsoever. Fill in the information required and click ‘Let’s Go’.
- The next page will load a calendar of available flight dates for a user’s specific destination and estimated prices. Here’s the catch!
- Customers must find the R8 ticket on the low fare finder before the timer expires.
- The website will refresh and allow the next group of customers after every five minutes, from when the sale starts at 09:00.
Terms and conditions you must know
This is Flysafair’s fourth annual mega sale, after pioneering the marketing ploy in 2015.
While the rules of the sale are pretty much straightforward — you go through the steps and buy a ticket online for super cheap and, yay, booked! — there are a number of important terms travel hopefuls need to consider:
- The sale is only open to one-way ticket purchases
- The R8 tickets can only be purchased on the website, not via the app or the call centre
- The sale tickets are only open to select domestic destinations and valid between 05 May 2022 and 31 October 2022
- Flights to Mauritius are not included in the R8 ticket sale
- Expenses such as luggage check, priority boarding and seat pre-selection are not included in the R8 purchase.
- The sale is only open to Lite Fare flights
- Participating in the sale means agreeing to receive marketing email promotions from Flysafair and its partners