Here’s a comprehensive outlook on the South Africa weather forecast for Friday, 12 January 2024.
Weather warnings and advisories to take note of on Friday, 12 January 2024
Severe weather alerts:
- Impact-Based Warnings:
- Yellow Level 2 Warning: Disruptive rainfall leading to localised flooding is expected over the southern and eastern parts of Mpumalanga and in places over eastern Limpopo.
- Yellow Level 4 Warning: Disruptive rain leading to flooding is anticipated over parts of Gauteng, the eastern parts of the North West, and in central and western Limpopo.
- Fire Danger Warnings: Nil.
- Advisories: Nil.
South Africa weather forecast: Here’s what to expect on Friday, 12 January 2024
PLEASE NOTE: The third-party content below is shared on our platform for journalistic purposes. Swisher Post, its parent company, partners and affiliates shall not be held liable for any consequence that arises from the journalistic duties performed in sharing this content.
- Gauteng: Cloudy and cool to warm with widespread showers and thundershowers, scattered in the south. Becoming partly cloudy from the afternoon. UVB sunburn index: Moderate.
- Mpumalanga: Cloudy, cool to warm with scattered to widespread showers and thundershowers.
- Limpopo: Cool in the south-west; otherwise, cloudy and warm with widespread showers and thundershowers, scattered in the Lowveld and Limpopo valley, where it will be hot.
- North-West Province: Partly cloudy, hot to very hot with isolated showers and thundershowers. Cloudy in the east with widespread to scattered showers and thundershowers.
- Free State: Morning fog patches in the east; otherwise, fine, becoming partly cloudy and warm to hot with isolated showers and thundershowers over the eastern and central parts, scattered in the extreme east.
- Northern Cape: Partly cloudy along the coast with morning fog patches, cool; otherwise, fine and warm to hot, very hot in the north. Becoming partly cloudy in the extreme north-east in the afternoon. Wind along the coast: Light to moderate southerly to south-westerly, becoming fresh in the afternoon.
- Western Cape: Cloudy to partly cloudy over the southern parts and West Coast District; otherwise, fine and cool to warm but hot to very hot over the interior. Morning foggy conditions expected over the West Coast District. Wind along the coast: Light and variable along the south coast, becoming light to moderate southerly in the afternoon; otherwise, moderate to fresh southerly. UVB sunburn index: Extreme.
- Eastern Half of the Eastern Cape: Morning fog in places south of the escarpment; otherwise, partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms. Wind along the coast: Light to moderate easterly to north-easterly.
- Western Half of the Eastern Cape: Morning fog in places in the south; otherwise, partly cloudy and warm with isolated thunderstorms in the north. Wind along the coast: Moderate easterly, becoming light south-westerly in the afternoon.
- KwaZulu-Natal: Partly cloudy and warm, hot in places in the north. Becoming cloudy in the afternoon with scattered showers and thundershowers, isolated along the coast and adjacent interior. Wind along the coast: Gentle to moderate easterly to north-easterly, becoming south-easterly south of Richards Bay in the afternoon. UVB sunburn index: High.
We will continue to update this report as more information becomes available. Stay tuned for the latest weather news and advisories.