New movies showing at Ster-Kinekor this week
- Xenophobic SA calls for ‘SARS must rise’ - 22/10/2020
- SA celebs who’ve spoken out against human trafficking - 21/10/2020
- Here’s how you can help Nigeria end SARS - 21/10/2020
The reopening of cinemas in South Africa under Lockdown Level 2 has restored hope in the world of dating.
We were certainly running out of ideas on keeping the relationship steamy and enticing, in quarantine. Surely, Netflix & Chill can get a bit dull if it’s an everyday thing.
New movies coming to Ster-Kinekor this week
Thankfully, we will have a bit more to choose from at our disposal now that Ster-Kinekor is, in some capacity, back in business.
There are a couple of movies premiering at a Ster-Kinekor theatre near you, on Friday 4 September 2020. We did some digging and here they are:
The Lion King (Re-insertion, not an official title release)
Synopsis: After the murder of his father, a young lion prince flees his kingdom only to learn the true meaning of responsibility and bravery.
The New Mutants
Synopsis: The story of the X-Men continues. Five young mutants, just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves.
Ster-Kinekor Covid-19 safety measures
While the return of cinema dates is an exciting prospect, theatres nationwide have had to adopt new Covid-19 safety measures to contain the movement of people in high numbers and hopefully, prevent spreading the deadly coronavirus.
Here are the safety measures Ster-Kinekor has taken to ensure a safe environment at movie theatres:
- Moviegoers are encouraged to book make ticket and snack bookings online. You will be sent a confirmation email which you can print out or save onto your smartphone.
- Self-scan devices are available at movie theatres for you to scan your confirmation email to gain admission before heading to the auditorium.
- Collecting snacks purchased online: Your confirmation email will be scanned at the concessions counter for collection.
- Be on the lookout for distance markers. These are in place to ensure that patrons are following strict social distancing measures.
- You will have to sanitize your hands when you enter the cinema. You will also undergo temperature screening before entering the cinema.
- Patrons will not be allowed inside the theatre without a mask. You may remove it while seated in the cinema auditorium to enjoy your favourite snacks.
- You are encouraged to wash your hands and sanitize after using cinema lavatories.
- Patrons are urged to take all snacks, including popcorn and drink cups, along with them when leaving the theatre. These can be discarded in dustbins placed in the cinema foyer.
- If you feel under the weather, rather stay at home and return once you have fully recovered.
For more info, watch this video below, courtesy of Ster-Kinekor: