Controversial relationship pundit Kevin Samuels has reportedly passed away at the age of 56.
Kevin Samuels dies: What’s the cause of death?
Reports of the Atlanta native’s reported death surfaced on social media, on Thursday evening.
While no official statement from Samuels’ family or, in fact, authorities has been released, multiple publications, including Revolt, have led with reports that the 56-year-old has, indeed, passed away.
So I’ve now gotten confirmation from multiple sources that Kevin Samuels has passed away.— Marc Lamont Hill (@marclamonthill) May 6, 2022
what we know about Kevin Samuels so far:— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) May 6, 2022
-Atlanta Police told me they were able to “locate an incident” concerning my questions. No further details
– Fulton County Medical Examiner told @rolandsmartin they “could not confirm or deny” they have a person named Kevin Samuels there
Details around Samuels’ reported death are still very sketchy, at this time. However, from what we understand, the controversial relationship pundit’s passing has been linked to heart-related problems which, if true, would be a wild twist of fate.
Kevin Samuels dying supposedly from a heart attack is very ironic considering his views toward plus sized women.— 𓂀 𝓜𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝓜𝑜𝓃𝒞𝓊𝓃𝓉 𓂀 (@_syndrrella) May 6, 2022
Kevin Samuels biography
Not much information is readily available online about Samuels’ background. We do, however, know he was a native of Atlanta, Georgia. A recently published Yahoo Life report also listed the 56-year-old as twice divorced.
Moreover, it’s believed Samuels had, at least, one child from his past marriages.
Details on his parents were hard to come by, but on several occasions, he had openly conceded to being more of a ‘momma’s’ boy growing up.
At the time of his reported death, Samuels had built a polarising career as an image consultant, with a particular affinity for berating black, plus-sized women.
Social media reacts to Samuels’ reported death
Most recently, the controversial life coach had come under fire for claiming women over the age of 35 and unmarried are “leftovers”.
“If you have made it to 35 and you are unmarried, you are a leftover woman. You are what is left. Men know that there is likely something wrong with you. Whether you want to hear it or not, I’m going to go there with you. I’m telling you the truth that you don’t want to hear,” he nonchalantly said.
This warped perception on the realities people, black women in particular, face in life is the reason he was loved by misogynistic men and, suffice it to say, all self-respecting women.
Here are some of the reactions to rumours of Samuels’ death:
I don’t rejoice over Kevin Samuels death. But to ask me as a black woman to be sad that a man who built his platform being a spokesperson for the misogynistic belittling of Black women is asinine. I never wanted his death but I absolutely wanted his silence. It’s been real— Golden Goddess (@tinaprice89) May 6, 2022
Y’all are delusional to think that people aren’t judged by the lives they lived preceding death & the legacies they leave behind. Say what you want but Kevin Samuels was a nasty man in not only the messages he delivered but the way he delivered them.— Seventh Heaven (@heaventh_7) May 6, 2022
Kevin Samuels using race science on black women. Yeah rest in piss, he was terrible human being. pic.twitter.com/5VPWFwWLJm— . 🇵🇷 boricua (@4shaneef) May 6, 2022
Damn so Kevin Samuels passing away really is true. You really don’t know when your time is up! Prayers for his family 🙏🏽— Randa (@itzmirandap) May 6, 2022
Protect ya self out there fellas. Everybody is perfect on the first date. You have to know what you don’t like about a person before it’s considered real. Find you a good one. Treat her right. Make sure she does the same. Lock it down. And get out the game.— O’Shea Jack(Nichol)son (@OsheaJacksonJr) May 6, 2022
RIP Kevin Samuels pic.twitter.com/l0ebhzfzau
The narrative that Kevin Samuels was just a man with a good message & harsh delivery is the stupid. You niggas are losers and need to simply stand on your two feet and be losers instead of leaning on a nigga in a suit. He lost me when he told a woman not to believe her kid on SA.— savyca$anova💃🤲🏻 (@MAMIGLO_) May 6, 2022
Idc what others say about Kevin Samuels. 60% of what he said was cold hard facts. The other 40% was him ego trippin’ and being misogynistic. You didn’t have to like him, but he had a following because men and WOMEN valued his advice. 🙏🏾🕊— GOWIE (@DaKidGowie) May 6, 2022