The long road to selecting this year’s pageant queen ended at the Grand Arena, in Cape Town, on Saturday, when [?] was crowned Miss South Africa 2021.
Watch: Lalela Mswane crowned Miss South Africa 2021
The hybrid event, held at limited capacity at the premium Cape Town venue, and streaming live on DStv and Misssa.live, ended in confetti and fireworks for Mswane, who impressed the night’s panel of judges.
From the Top 30, to breaking into the last 10, this year’s pageant hopefuls gave it their all at the star-studded finale. However, there could only be one queen to accept the crown from Shudufhadzo Musida..
This is Miss South Africa 2021’s final three.
- Second princess: Zimi Mabunzi: 26 years old, BCom Law student, Eastern Cape
- First princess: Moratwe Masima: 25 years old, qualified medical doctor, Gauteng
- Miss South Africa winner: Lalela Mowane: 24 years old, model and dancer, KwaZulu-Natal
Here is the moment Mswane was announced as this year’s Miss South Africa 2021:
What does the winner walk away with?
A new life awaits Mswane in the next 12 months as the ambassador of South Africa and all of her ideals. Here is a full list of perks [?] will be showered with now that she is the 78th Miss South Africa winner.
- American Swiss: Official crown sponsor
- Bacher & Co: Fragrance sponsorship for her year of reign
- Brand South Africa: Play Your Part Ambassador
- Cahi Dental & Prosthodontic Practice: Dental and oral hygiene care
- Central Square Sandton: Use of a luxurious two-bedroom apartment in the heart of Sandton
- City of Cape Town: Official hosting partner
- House of BNG: Official celebration partner
- Lajawi Hair: Official hair styling sponsor for her year of reign
- Mercedes Benz: The use of a C-Class Sedan for her year of reign
- Miss South Africa Organisation: R1 million in cash
- Motherkind: Official wellness & collagen product sponsor
- MUK haircare: Official hair product sponsor
- Neda Beauty & Healing: Care of Miss South Africa’s brows, facial skincare treatments and laser treatments
- PWC: The official auditors of Miss South Africa 2020
- Sparkle Cosmetics/Gelish SA/Morgan Taylor SA: Nail care for her year of reign
- Steve Madden: Official shoe sponsor
- Strands of Love: Miss South Africa’s hair extensions sponsor
- Sun International: Miss SA’s home away from home
- Switch Playground SA: Official fitness partner; includes Switch classes and personal training sessions.
- The Firepower Group: Empowering Miss South Africa with self-development workshops
- Top Drawer Collection: Luxury sleepwear
- Veaudry Global: Official haircare sponsor
- Vursa: Interior designers and furnishers of the Miss South Africa apartment
- Woolworths: To sponsor Miss South Africa with WBeauty and Woolworths home products throughout the year of reign
- ZOËT: Clothing sponsor