When it comes to fat-burning foods, it is all about finding options that stimulate your metabolism, reduce appetite, and decrease overall intake, while still ensuring that the body gets all the nutrients it needs to function properly.
What you put in your body is most likely to determine the success of your weight loss, and studies have shown that 75% of it relies on diet and the rest of the 25% on exercise.
Fat burning foods you can add to your diet
Every food consumed by the body has a purpose and pathway into the body, which affects hunger and the number of calories burned. Therefore, all the food items listed will help reduce your appetite and boost your metabolism.
Sweet potatoes are packed with potassium, vitamin c, and fibre. They also have a high water content which helps hydrate the cells in the body and stimulates metabolic activity.
Eggs can be eaten in many different ways, they are one of the foods that can easily elevate a sandwich or salad. They have only have 75 calories, and 7 grams of protein. Additionally, your body can burn more calories digesting eggs than heavy carbohydrates.
Nuts are excellent when it comes to diminishing hunger. They are filled with protein, fibre, and healthy fats. However, they are high in calories so make sure to not eat too many. A handful a day as a snack in between meals should keep the doctor away.
Fish has a list of benefits which include, reducing the risk of heart disease and blood clots. It contains Omega 3 and it is high in protein which helps curb hunger but it leaves your body with all the nutrients it needs.
The magic of grapefruit is that it does not necessarily burn calories, but because it has soluble fibre it takes time to digest which keeps you full for long. Having a grapefruit and glass of water can fill you up and help with reducing your food intake.