Sportscene Studio launches in Cape Town: How to book a free session
Cape Town’s emerging artists can now host a free recording session at Sportscene in Canal Walk.
The success of the Sportscene Studio, a pilot project first launched in Johannesburg, has seen the urban retailer open up a second branch in Cape Town.
Sportscene revamps Canal Walk superstore
The arrival of this exciting prospect for emerging Capetonian musicians came with an official launch of the Sportscene Superstore at the Canal Walk shopping mall this past weekend.
“The store which has been undergoing major changes over the past few months was opened on Saturday 24 July 2021 in typical Sportscene style,” the streetwear retail giant wrote in a statement.
The expansion of floor space will allow for a greater selection of fashion brands and more importantly for Sportscene, the superstore “is set to become a creative cultural hub in the city.”
Here are some of the new features that will be found at the revamped store:
- a sneaker laundry by Walk Fresh;
- a tattoo and piercings parlor by Black & White Tattoos;
- MOMO Bubble Tea from Taiwan; and
- a wider range of sneakers & apparel brands.
Sportscene Studio in Cape Town: How to book a free session
The superstore will also have its very own recording studio, where emerging talents can host free sessions.
“It’s part of the Sportscene vision to be enablers in a country with so much talent. The Sportscene Studio is a creator hub which gives artists, DJs and the creatives of Cape Town an opportunity and platform to create music and playlist them on Sportscene Radio across 300 stores, the blog and our Mobi App. Our experiential store encompasses music, art and sneaker culture,” Sportscene’s Senior Marketing Coordinator, Bianca Kensley said.
Artists who are keen to use Sportscene’s studio can follow this guide to book a free recording session:
- Visit Sportscene Studio
- Look for a notice below the “BOOK STUDIO” header to see if there are slots available for the month in the Cape Town/JHB booth
- Fill in your personal contact information and provide links to your music and social media pages
- Indicate whether you need an engineer/producer for the session and if you are proficient in the latest version of FL Studio
- Submit your form once all relevant information has been noted.
Sportscene Studio will contact you with confirmation of a booking slot and detailed information to prepare you for your free session.
Take note of these studio safety notices:
- You have to complete a sign in form when you enter the Sportscene store
- Artists with no appointment will not be allowed access to the studio
- Only one person can be in the recording booth, at a time
- A maximum of four people are allowed in the Sportscene Studio at a time
- Face masks are compulsory
- Sanitisation of hands and equipment (before and after use) is mandatory
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.