Live updates to Cape Town traffic for Thursday, 9 June 2022 can be found in the interactive map below.
Cape Town traffic updates: Thursday, 9 June 2022
PLEASE NOTE: The traffic updates indicated below are observations made by i-traffic.co.za, a reputable online traffic management tracker. Swisher Post, its parent company, partners and associates will not be held liable for any damages, inconsistencies, and loss resulting from the information noted below.
Inbound traffic from the N, N2, M3, and M5, should see an increase in congestion shortly after the 06:00 morning peak. According to real-time traffic tracking, these road incidents were reported on Thursday morning:
- Multi-vehicle crash on Sable Service Road outbound, about 0.5km after ramping from Century City Drive. All lanes open
- Vehicle crashed with a fixed object on N1 inbound, about 0.7km after ramping to N7/Wingfield. All lanes open.
- Road closure on N12 outbound caused by animal obstruction on ramp to Stellenbosch Arterial Road (M12), about 59m after ramping from R300 northbound. All lanes blocked
- Road closure on Ramp from Somerset West Main Drive (M153) southbound, about 37m after ramping from N2 outbound. All lanes open in northbound direction, all lanes blocked in southbound direction.
In the city centre, these roads are often flagged for high congestion during the morning peak:
- Philip Kgosana Drive (from Gardens Shopping Centre)
- Brandweer Street
- Roeland Street
- Loop Street
- Bree Street
- Wale Street
- Long Street (Between Strand and Hout Street)
- Strand Street
- Riebeek Street
- Hans Strijdom Avenue
- Walter Sisulu Avenue
- Hertzog Boulevard
- Castle Street
- Darling Street
- Chester Road, Woodstock
- Earl Street, Woodstock
- Salt River Road, Salt River
According to Cape Town traffic indicators for Thursday, 9 June 2022, congestion exacerbated by roadworks can be expected on:
- N7 southbound, about 0.5km after ramping from Plattekloof M14. All lanes are open;
- M5 southbound, about 0.5km after ramping to Koeberg Road, one right lane blocked in the northbound direction. All lanes open in southbound direction
- N2 inbound, about 0.2km after ramping to Vanguard Drive, all lanes open outbound.
- Somerset West Main Drive (M153) about 37m after ramping from N2 outbound, all lanes open.
- N2 northbound, about 6.9km after Ou Kaapse Road, all lanes open.