Live updates to Cape Town traffic for Thursday, 4 August 2022, can be found in the interactive map below.
Cape Town traffic updates: Thursday, 4 August 2022
PLEASE NOTE: The traffic updates indicated below are observations made by i-traffic.co.za, a reputable online traffic management tracker. Swisher Post, its parent company, partners and associates will not be held liable for any damages, inconsistencies, and loss resulting from the information noted below.
Inbound traffic from the N1, N2, M3, and M5, should see heavy congestion from 06:00 on weekdays.
These road incidents were reported on Thursday, 4 August 2022:
- Animal obstruction on R300 southbound, 1.2km after ramp from Van Riebeeck Road. One left lane blocked.
In the city centre, these roads are often flagged for high congestion during the morning peak:
- Philip Kgosana Drive (from Gardens Shopping Centre)
- Brandweer Street
- Roeland Street
- Loop Street
- Bree Street
- Wale Street
- Long Street (Between Strand and Hout Street)
- Strand Street
- Riebeek Street
- Hans Strijdom Avenue
- Walter Sisulu Avenue
- Hertzog Boulevard
- Castle Street
- Darling Street
- Chester Road, Woodstock
- Earl Street, Woodstock
- Salt River Road, Salt River
According to Cape Town traffic indicators for Thursday, 4 August 2022, congestion exacerbated by roadworks can be expected on:
- N7 southbound. All lanes open.
- Sable Service Road outbound, 82m after Sable Service Road ramp to N7. All lanes open.
- M5 northbound, 44m before ramp to Berkley M16. All lanes open.
- N2 outbound, 0.2km after ramp to Airport Approach Road. All lanes open.
- N2 outbound, 88m after Hazelden Drive. All lanes open.
- N2 northbound, 6.9km after Ou Kaapse Road. All lanes open.